Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bloggity, blog, blog, blog

Have I used the word busy lately? It’s a whirlwind of activity around here. I was in La Grande at the end of last week for the state board meeting. There is always so much engaging and stimulating discussion at the meetings that one cannot be bored at a board meeting.

This week finds an alumni reception for the Center for Health Professions and commencement exercises for our Boeing and Portland programs. It is also Dead Week, which means that finals are a week away. I wonder what the etymology of Dead Week might be. Perhaps the sleep deprivation (or is that depravation?) of students results in a zombie-like state. Maybe it’s the death of the term. I guess Dead Week was easier to say than Penultimate Week.

Finals Week concludes with Commencement in Klamath Falls. I’m looking forward to our address by Martha Ackmann. She’s funny and intelligent. I cannot wait to hear what she has to say. Her book, The Mercury 13, should be on summer reading lists. It’s a very good, quick read.

Danise Watters’ article about this blog appeared in The Edge May 26. I’m surprised there haven’t been more student comments, but there was Memorial Day and end of term projects to consider.

I’m looking for some feedback. You are welcome to send your comments. I had envisioned my topics being driven more by student interest.

I’ll post again next week…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Total Amount spent to build cement barricades around new rocks?

2. Total cost of CHP?

3. Estimated Return Value within 1 year?

4. Are the needs of the students being addressed?

Building should be constructed in times of great surplus. Cutting programs and demanding money to fund a new building seems frivolous.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home